In fact, I'm even one to stop to pick up a penny in the parking lot, it is after all money!
Eleven years ago I entered into a business that I would never have dreamed had such a strong bond with the penny. Budget minded consumers seek every penny of savings, but often miss the mark on the hidden pennies. What's missing that might cost more?
- Shipping costs
- Set up for decoration methods
- Quality of item for long term use
- Relevance to client
- Ease & cost of distribution
Beyond the actual product many other factors can influence the choice on price- we advise our clients when planning to consider all the options.
For example, in a meeting today, we were discussing fundraising on a budget with lower quantities. The event needs drinkware for attendees- wine and beer. Do they go with plastic, acrylic or hard plastic or glass?
- Glass costs more to ship, but offers more exciting options for sponsorship investment with full color; including side walls and the base increasing your opportunities.
- Most glassware offers a full wrap imprint, so basic disposables and glass usually can have a different imprint on both sides, some offer full color options attractive to generous sponsors.
- Commemorative or functional- it depends on the attendee and your budget.
- Do you have items that need to be shipped, carried or hand distributed, that can impact your choice.
What's your favorite penny wise promotion?